Setup A Linksys Router
Setting up a new Linksys Router is not much difficult. There are few things, you have to remember while setting it up. Linksys has multiple wireless router category. So, you have to select your router as per your need.
Most of the new router comes with a LAN cable and manual/instruction that may help you setup your router with your ISP Modem.
Following steps may help you to setup Linksys Wireless Router with ISP Modem.
1. Insert one end of the LAN cable into the LAN jack of your modem. Insert the other end into the LAN labeled “Internet” on the back of the Linksys router.
2. Connect AC adapter for the Linksys router into a wall outlet. Wait until the “Power” light in front of the router is solidly lit and the “WLAN” light is flashing.
3. Connect to the network with your computer wifi. Your operating system will automatically detect a new wireless SSID name then simply connect it with OS.
4. Type “192.168.1.1” into the address bar of your Web browser. The login screen appears. Enter a username and password which labeled on your wireless router. The administration page appears.
5. Click “Wireless,” then click “Wireless Security.” Select “WPA Personal” from the drop-down menu. Enter a passkey in the “Enter Key” text field. Click “Save Changes” to encrypt the network. This requires other users of the network to enter the passkey before connecting to the wireless network.